I don’t really know what I base my 5-star predictions on. It probably has a lot to do with Goodreads ratings. The synopsis of a book rarely has me saying, “wow that’s going to be a five star read!”
- The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon – This may be a mistake where it was pretty hyped. I try not to go in with high expectations when a book is hyped a lot. It just seems like a very fun fantasy read.
- The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien – This is based on the fact that I love The Lord of the Rings. I didn’t enjoy the second one as much as the first, but I bet this one will be epic!
- All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover – I’ve heard a lot of people say this made them cry. If a book can make me cry it needs a five star rating.
- Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel – I don’t think I’ve heard anything bad about this book. It seems like it’ll be a nice slow burn.
- Night Boat to Tangier by Kevin Barry – Okay, this one just sounds like it’s going to be really good. It has great ratings already and it isn’t even out yet. I just want to read it right now, but I have other books above it on my TBR list.
I’d love to see some of your 5-star predictions!
If you enjoyed this, then give it a like and follow my blog. Be respectful and happy reading!