I’m sure some people read just to read, but I like to really challenge myself in new ways every year. This year I plan to be more diligent with my choices.
- Let’s start with the main one: Reading 80 books in 2020. Last year my goal was 65, and I managed—somehow—to read 90.
- Complete the POPSUGAR Reading Challenge. I participate every year, but I don’t think I try hard enough.
- I want to be picky with the books I pick up. I had a very mediocre reading year last year. I found a few new all-time favorite books, which I’m happy about, but I really want to read non-spoiler reviews, and read the synopsis carefully. I know that doesn’t mean I’ll even enjoy the book, but I’ll be happier knowing I took the time to think it through.
- NetGalley, NetGalley, NetGalley. Discipline, discipline, discipline. I need to focus on reading books from NetGalley before they come out. I’m at 39% right now, which is very sad, so this is one of my BIGGER goals this year. This will also play along with being more diligent with what I pick up / request.
- Write down more quotes. I decided to create a Google Doc and label it 2020 quote master list. I read so many library books that I never think about writing down quotes. This year I will make it a requirement for myself.
- Be consistent! I’m truly terrible at this. 2019 was a weird internet year for me. We cancelled our internet and got a hotspot. Well, we plan on going back to our regular internet. I hope that will motivate me to be more consistent.
- Upgrade. I say this every year. I don’t think I need to discuss it. I just want to have more freedom with my blog. I know it’s not really all that important.
- Be creative. I want to think of more interesting content to post about. I’m sure y’all are sick of book reviews, tags, and wrap ups. I don’t have a super creative mind, so please bear with me.
- Reach 500 followers. This one is more of a “when it happens, it happens” type of situation. Just a little milestone I want to keep in mind.
That’s it! I know they’re not extensive goals, but I think they’re realistic. 500 followers might be asking too much, but like I said, it’ll happen when it happens! These are some of my favorite posts to read, so I figured I would post one as well—hold myself accountable.
One more thing—If you have any type of content suggestions, please leave them down in the comments. I’m definitely open to new ideas!
If you enjoyed this, then give it a like and follow my blog. Be respectful and happy reading!